Member Program hospitals, health systems, managed care organizations, universities and government agencies are invited to participate in the Community Health Data Base as members. Members receive unlimited access to the most recent, comprehensive data on the health status, health behaviors, attitudes and experiences of residents throughout the region based on in-depth telephone interviews. Members are consulted in survey design, and have a valued impact on determining what current health needs of the region an upcoming survey should assess.
PHMC Health Network: PHMC Care Clinic
The Care Clinic is a Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) and has provided community-based primary care and specialized health services to North Philadelphia since their doors opened in 1992. In 2005, St. Joseph’s Hospital turned over management to the Public Health Management Corporation (PHMC).
The ‘PHMC Care Clinic’, now a part of PHMC’s network of health centers (5 FHQCs), serves communities in North Philadelphia that have significant healthcare disparities. ‘Beyond Care’ is the PHMC health network’s commitment to offering a holistic, patient-centered approach to quality care. Bilingual doctors, physician assistants, case managers, medical assistants and treatment adherence counselors provide a variety of services available regardless of insurance status and include the following: (1) Medical services (primary and specialized health care, Hepatitis C clinic, family planning); (2) support services (support groups, education, counseling); and, (3) medical case management (housing, food bank, employment, education, and referrals).
Partners and supporters of these efforts:
- AmeriChoice of PA
- Bureau of Primary Health Care
- Department of Public Welfare- Medical Assistance
- Health Partners of Pennsylvania
- Health Resources and Services Administration
- Independence Blue Cross
- Keystone Mercy Health Plan
- National Association of Community Health Centers
- National Healthcare for the Homeless Council
- Pennsylvania Association of Community Health Centers
- Philadelphia Housing Authority
- The Independence Foundation
- The National Nursing Centers Consortium
- The Pew Charitable Trusts
For more information about PHMC Care Clinic and/or PHMC’s health network, visit their website: http://phmchealthnetwork.org/.